Open Call: Curatorial Proposals
Application deadline: January 20, 2014.
REVERSE invites curators to submit proposals for an exhibition of contemporary art in our 1000 sq ft space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. REVERSE is a multidisciplinary workspace and art gallery with an emphasis on new and experimental forms of expression. We are looking for curators with a vision that coincides with the gallery’s mission of providing an engaging space that fosters innovation and exploration. As REVERSE seeks to be a platform for emerging artists to produce and present their work, as well as a site of sustained dialogue with the public, we are open to curatorial proposals that draw from a wide range of artistic practices. Strong proposals will be clear, concise and engaging while presenting innovative ideas that show a solid understanding of the spirit of REVERSE. We encourage you to visit our gallery website, review our exhibition history and consider the gallery floor plan before submitting a proposal. Submissions will be reviewed twice a year. The deadline for the next application cycle is January 20, 2014. Applicants will be contacted with a decision from the REVERSE committee within six weeks of the deadline.
– Curatorial statement of no more than 300 words, describing your approach to curating and the concept of the exhibition. Include the exhibition title, list of artists and how the show resonates with the mission of REVERSE. (Labeled: lastname_firstname_statement.pdf)
– Resume of the curator (Labeled: lastname_firstname_resume.pdf)
– Link to website or blog with samples of your recent work.
– Examples of artwork: Maximum of 10 images (no larger than 1mb each). If there are video pieces in your proposal, include a link to examples on vimeo or youtube.
– Application Fee: a non-refundable fee of $25 (send copy of the paypal receipt)
Send all materials in one zip file attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.