TUESDAY, MAY 17TH, 6:30PM – 9:30PM
Sketch Up is a free software that proves to be an excellent tool for artist’s proposals. In this workshop you’ll learn the basics to quickly prototype your project proposal and create different views and floorplans of your installations or how your work should be displayed.
- Introduction: project setup, basic tools, unit formats, styles
- 3D Drawing: shapes, pull, offset, groups, components, scale, warehouse, hide/show, edge styles
- Textures: default textures, custom textures, application
- Dimensions and annotations: best practices
- Scenes: point of view, create scenes, animations, floorpans
- Export: file formats and settings
Artists and anyone who would like to learn Sketch Up to make work proposals.
WHAT STUDENTS WILL GET FROM WORKSHOP
Software knowledge and material to work with.
No prerequisites; Students should bring a laptop with Sketch Up free version installed before the workshop.
Karolina Ziulkoski is new media artist from Porto Alegre, Brazil. She uses technological applications to create immersive experiences that allow for a deeper participatory exchange between stories and audiences. Ziulkoski holds an MPS from NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications program and two Bachelor’s degrees, in Architecture and Advertising. She previously worked at the American Museum of Natural History, where she developed immersive interactive installations for the institution’s exhibitions, and is a founding partner at Bolota, an interactive design company in Brazil. Ziulkoski recently finished a residency at the Laboratory for New Media at the Museum of Image and Sound in São Paulo and is currently a full-time member at New Inc., the New Museum’s incubator for art, technology and design.
Early bird (register by May 10th): $35