FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH, 7PM – 10PM
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH, 12PM – 6PM
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH, 12PM – 6PM
EXHIBTION & CLOSING PARTY
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH, 6PM – 8PM
Mappathon is a 3-day projection mapping marathon workshop, followed by an art installation exhibited and open to the public. Learn the latest projection mapping techniques and technologies and then collaborate to create a final advanced site-specific project.
Participants will learn the latest technology for mapping video projections onto physical surfaces, incorporating multiple surfaces and shapes and moving away from the traditional confines of the screen to sculptures and building facades. The goal of the workshop is to create several projection mapping installations with or without interactivity, where the participants create content for complex surfaces through collaboration. At the end of the workshop, participants will showcase their work to the public.
DAY 1: November 6th, 7PM – 10PM
- Meet participants & team
- Idea of Mappathon
- An introduction to the concept of mapping
- Examples of projects created using MadMapper
- An overview of the software: Modul8 and MadMapper
DAY 2: November 7th, 12PM – 6PM
- A detailed description of all functions and possible future extensibility: Modul8 and MadMapper
- Taste of Interactive projection mapping
- Introducing a miniMAD
- Practice with projection mapping surface
DAY 1: November 8th, 12PM – 6PM
- Creating and installing an installation
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANT
- Mac user only, MacAir is not recommended.
- A adapter for a projector to your computer.
- Basic knowledge of interactive, video and projection is preferred.
- Pre installation of MadMapper, Modul8 and your choice of software on your computer is required. Time limited serial # will be provided before the workshop.
- Bring your own projector otherwise work as a team.
- Bring an idea for projection surface material, found objects for practice and an installation.
SOFTWARE: ONLY FOR MAC USER
The participants will be given a fully functional, 30 day time limited, version of MadMapper & Modul8. This should be installed and activated prior to the beginning of the workshop and is eligible to student discount for future purchase.
MadMapper has greatly simplified the process of working with this technique of video projection Used in conjunction with video software like Modul8, Quartz Composer,Processing, or Max/MSP/Jitter; MadMapper enables designers and artists to realize their ideas without getting bogged down in technical details
- Pizza will be served on the first night
- Light breakfast and drinks will be served during the workshop (coffee, bagels & water
Reverse Gallery holds intereactive Mappathon Workshop by greenpointers.com
CHiKA is an interactive visual artist and an educator. She creates a minimalist geometric visual narrative in sync with the sounds of live music performance in addition to interactive projection mapping installations that explore the relationship between visual, light, sound and public audience. She is a creator of a projection mapping workshop marathon, Mappathon, that teaches mapping projection techniques to create site specific installations. She was also a resident researcher at ITP, New York University, an IAC Teaching and Research Fellow for Vimeo and a resident at Eyebeam. www.imagima.com
Mappathon is created by CHiKA.
*Looking for 1 or 2 interns for this workshop. If you were interested in working for Mappathon, please send email to email@example.com with your resume.
Regular (register by November 5th): $500
Limited to 20 participants