SATURDAY, JUNE 13TH 1PM – 5PM
This course will introduce Unity, a free game development platform.
Do you love videogames? Do you ever wish you could have the ability to create your own universes and play God? Are you ready to get jacked into the Matrix? INTRO TO VR AND VIDEO GAMES will introduce Unity, a free software used by indie and professional developers to make all kinds of interactive Virtual Reality. The course will cover basic engine functions and will teach students how to make a simple first person interactive.
- Computer literate
- Ages 15-100 (depending on literacy level)
- Intro, show examples of artists working in VR.
- Body, working with unity, simple interface understanding. and creating a first person interactive.
- Outro: Allow for creative time for students with help from instructor.
Alfredo Salazar-Caro is a New Media Artist, Curator and Educator from Mexico City, MX. His work has been exhibited internationally in cities like New York, Caracas, Paris, Mexico City, Berlin, Shiraz, London and Amsterdam among others.
Alfredo currently lives and works between New York, Chicago and Mexico City.
- Laptop Mac and Windows users.
- A free full access of Unity will be provided before the workshop.